Tuesday, September 21, 2021

A happy ending (and future) for Plua

In my previous article on Plua, a port of Lua to classic PalmOS, I mentioned I was hopeful we'd have a happy ending where there was a clean-room implementation, or better still, that the original author would get in touch with me and we could redistribute it.

Well, I'm pleased to announce that Marcio himself did get in touch (he's got a lot of fun Palm and retro projects still underway, incidentally) and graciously consented to relicense Plua2c, the "cross-compiler" portion, under the same MIT license as Lua itself. You can now download the source code from Github, which I'll keep maintained.

As for Plua-the-Palm-app and its various components, I will still be hosting the .prcs on Plua Revisited indefinitely, and Marcio and I have been discussing how we can add some improvements such as expanded screen size support and the like. This means Plua has a future again, and I couldn't be happier. Thanks, Marcio!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation. Be nice.