Friday, September 25, 2020

64-bit build of Tutti II, the Tomy Tutor Emulator

A quick note that there is now a 64-bit macOS build of Tutti II, the best Tomy Tutor emulator other than MAME (being, near as I can tell, the only Tomy Tutor emulator other than MAME). This fixes issues with blank windows on 10.14 and runs correctly on 10.15, and damn well better run on 11.0. Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about Power Mac and 32-bit owners; you get a minor fix too with some improved timings. 32-bit Tutti II will run on any Power Mac or Intel Mac from 10.4 through 10.13; 64-bit Tutti II will run on any Intel Mac from 10.12 to 10.15.

Tutti II is open source; as of this release development has moved to Github. Although I don't offer a fully-fledged Win32 build yet, I do have work on a Windows port completed, and once I am satisfied it is of the same poor quality as the Mac versions, I will release that too. You can build it for yourself if you like if you have mxe and MinGW; I am willing to accept Visual Studio solution files if you come up with any.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to moderation. Be nice.